- Get coffee.
- Live up to this beard.
Welcome to the official Minnesota Climbing Cooperative blog. The Co-op blog was created for sharing information about the climbing community and starting positive conversation among climbers from around Minnesota.
If you would like more information about the Co-op, please visit our main site, mnclimbingcoop.com.
Monday, November 28, 2011
Saturday, November 12, 2011
That's right, the rumors are true. It's mixed climbing season at the Co-op. There are a couple training circuits up with more to follow in the next month. Before you pull your tools out there are a few rules you need to know,
- Drytoolers can only use designated drytool holds. Nothing else, including T-nut holes.
- No crampons or fruit boots, only rock climbing shoes
- Do not spot a drytooler, you are more likely to be impaled than they are
- Helmets and eyewear are not required but are recommended
- In order to drytool you must be certified and checked out by one of the designated officers. Open drytool nights will occur once a month and be on the Co-op Calendar. Additional appointments can be scheduled by emailing email@example.com
- Be respectful of other boulderers and take your turn. If you have to ask yourself if it’s too crowded to drytool, it’s too crowded.
- Use the designated drytooling pad (blue vinyl covered) so you don’t puncture the other gym pads or the floor
- Do not place or hook tools on the top out rails or top out surface, designated holds only. Drytool routes don’t top-out. They either return or traverse to the ground.
- Just like outside, holds can break and tools can slip. Stay under control and be ready for the unexpected.
- Routesetters must follow regular routesetting and stripping rules
The first open drytool night will be this Friday November 18th with regular nights scheduled after that. We also hope to add some clinics on training and basic movement for those who are interested. If you have any questions or just want to try it out contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to see you there!